Contributions to the fund
In accordance with the first paragraph of Article 14 of the Bank Resolution Authority and Fund Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, Nos. 97/14, 91/15, 44/16 - ZRPPB and 27/17), the Bank of Slovenia required banks to pay up their founding cash contributions to the bank resolution fund on 30 March 2015.
In accordance with the fifth paragraph of Article 14 of the ZOSRB, within three days of receiving the cash contributions from banks pursuant to the first paragraph of Article 14 of the ZOSRB the Bank of Slovenia must publish a list of the banks and savings banks (hereinafter: banks) that:
- paid up cash contributions, and the amount of cash contributed by each bank,
- did not pay up cash contributions, and
- were not required to pay up cash contributions in accordance with the fourth paragraph of Article 14 of the ZOSRB.
Under the aforementioned provisions of the ZOSRB, the Bank of Slovenia publishes data on contributions to the bank resolution fund as at 30 March 2015, while the current value of the funds contributed by individual banks is disclosed in the Bank Resolution Fund’s annual reports (available in Slovene only).
1. Banks that paid founding cash contributions to the bank resolution fund and amount of cash contributed by each bank:
|Bank||Amount of cash contributed, EUR|
|Nova Ljubljanska banka, d. d.||44,536,835|
|UniCredit Banka Slovenija, d.d.||22,879,696|
|N Banka, d.d.||16,349,221|
|Nova KBM, d. d.||49,997,806|
|Addiko bank, d.d.||13.149.954|
|SKB banka, d.d.||12,930,512|
|Banka Intesa Sanpaolo, d.d.||10,618,282|
|Banka Sparkasse, d.d.||8,795,968|
|Gorenjska banka, d.d.||6,744,611|
|Deželna banka Slovenije, d.d.||2,700,110|
|Delavska hranilnica, d.d.||1,611,434|
|Hranilnica LON, d.d.||673,605|
|Hranilnica in posojilnica Vipava, d.d.||82,903|
2. Banks that pursuant to the fourth paragraph of Article 14 of the ZORSB did not need to pay a cash contribution:
|Factor banka d.d., Ljubljana|
|Probanka d.d., Maribor|
3. Banks that failed to meet the Bank of Slovenia requirement and did not pay founding cash contributions to the bank resolution fund:
All the banks met the Bank of Slovenia requirement to pay up founding cash contributions to the bank resolution fund.
In accordance with the ZOSRB the banks must be able at any time to provide cash to the fund in the amount of 1% of total guaranteed deposits, for which reason as of 31 March 2015 they have to hold liquid assets in the form and in the manner set out by the Regulation on liquid investments for the purpose of the resolution fund (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 6/15).