Register of payment institutions
Under the Payment Services, Services of Issuing Electronic Money and Payment Systems Act (in Slovene), the Bank of Slovenia administers and maintains a register of payment institutions that is a centralised database of payment institutions and payment institutions with a waiver, of their representatives in Slovenia and host countries, and of their branches in host countries and third countries.
Within the framework of the register the Bank of Slovenia publishes the following lists:
- A list of payment institutions that hold a valid authorisation from the Bank of Slovenia to provide payment services, together with their agents and branches;
- A list of payment institutions with a waiver that hold a valid authorisation from the Bank of Slovenia to provide money remittance services, including their agents and branches;
- A list of account information service providers;
- A list of up-to-date changes in the register (entries in or deletions from the register, changes in entries in the register);
- A list of notifications of payment institutions that the Bank of Slovenia has received from the competent authorities of each payment institution’s home country.